Terra Nova Hoolie 2 — Two-person, three-season tent
- Purchased at a discounted ~$160 around
- Minimum Weight: 2.15Kg (4lb 12oz)
- Packed Weight: 2.30Kg (5lb 1oz)
- Flysheet: Pu Polyester R/S 4000mm FR
- Floor: Pu Polyester R/S 6000mm
- Poles: 8.5mm Wild Country Superflex Alloy
- low weight/bulk (minimal poles)
- Attached fly which allows for setup in the rain without exposing the inner liner to the rain.
- I planned to use the tent for paddling and cycling either solo or with a second person.
- Can only sleep one-way (head at door) due to the ceiling sloped down to just above the knees and feet
- Requires front and back staking (not free-standing)
- The screen in the door is very small and at the top of the door only (minimal ventilation and claustrophobia-inducing for some)
Mountain Hardwear Optic 2.5 — Two-Person Tent
- Purchased in 2015 for ~$275
- Two doors and vestibule with full length screen mesh
- Minimum Weight: 5 lb. 13 oz. / 2.64 kg.
- Packed Weight: 6 lb. 3 oz. / 2.80 kg.
- Tent Floor: 70D Nylon Taffeta 3000mm PU
- Poles: Paleria DAC Pressfit™
- Canopy: 20D Poly Knit Mesh
- Fly: 75D Polyester Taffeta 1500mm PU